● “If one wants Manjari-prema and Harinam-siddhi in Manjari-prema, which even Gaura Krishna does not give directly, one has to take full shelter of Nityananda Nam and Nityananda Lila as They are both Ananga Manjari.”
Question: They asked me, “Show me one direct shastra proof that Nityananda and Nityananda Nam ARE actually Ananga Manjari and thus contain Manjari-prema. Otherwise, they said, accept right now that Nityananda can only send us to Radha, but He Himself is directly not in Radha-dasyam, just like Balarama is not. Just accept that Nityananda Nam can only purify and prepare us for Radha-dasyam, but has no Manjari-prema directly and independently in it. Also, accept that Jahnava is Ananga manjari, not Nityananda or Nityananda Nam.”
Answer by Bhaktiratna Sadhu:
● This proof you challenge us about Nityananda being Ananga manjari is there in Shri Chaitanya Bhagavata 2.12.26 Anubhashya commentary of my parama-gurudeva Nayana-Mani manjari Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Prabhupada, where he clearly confirms:
“sri nityananda prabhu (Nityananda) sri varshabhanavira (as Radharani’s) anujaa-rupe (sister) madhura (madhurya) ratira (rasa) poshana (nourishes) karena. ei janya (that is why) sri thakur narottama balena (declares),—‘hena Nityananda vine (without Nityananda) bhai (o brother), radhakrishna paite (will attain) nai (no one), dridha (tightly) kari dhara (hold) Nityanandaera (Nityananda’s) paya (lotus feet)’”
● “In HIS FORM as the younger sister of Sri Radharani, Sri Nityananda Prabhu Himself nourishes conjugal mellows personally. That is why Sri Thakura Narottama has said: ‘heno Nityananda vine bhai, radha-krsna paite nai, drdha kari’ dhara nityanandera paya’.”
● This proof confirms and solidifies Srila Vrindavana dasa Thakura’s direct statement that Nityananda constantly serves Radha as Ananga manjari: “Radhara madhuri Ananga manjari, Nityananda nitu se seve”.
● Some others falsely argue that Ananga manjari is the 9th sakhi, not exactly a manjari. So they wrongly claim that Nityananda and Nityananda Nam contain only sakhi-bhava, not manjari-bhava. But Ananga’s eternal age is 13 like the other manjaris, not 14+ like the sakhis. Besides Her name is manjari not sakhi. Doesn’t that make it very obvious that she is a manjari not a sakhi? How can a sakhi be named as manjari?
● And if that is not enough, Kamala manjari Srila Bhaktivinoda clearly describes in Siddhi Lalasa and Navadvipa Bhava Taranga how Ananga manjari is always with Rupa manjari, not directly with the 8 sakhis. This establishes that Ananga is not a sakhi but actually a manjari in Lalita’s camp, the number 2 manjari after Rupa, the number 1 merciful manjari among all the manjaris, and the only way for any soul to enter in any of 8 sakhis' camps by getting manjari-prema.
● Ananga has the 9th kunja in the center of Radha Kund, not because She is a sakhi like the 8 sakhis who have their kunjas around Radha Kund, but because of Her special position as the younger sister of Radha and specifically because her kunja in the center facilitates the various sevas of the manjaris to Radha Krishna and Their ashtasakhis during the jala-krida madhyana pastimes. Also her Kunja in the middle is linked to her bosom friend Rupa manjari's seva-sthali in Lalita Kunja on the northen banks of Radha Kund. Thus, there remains no doubt whatsoever that Nityananda, Nityananda Nam, Nityananda Lila and Nityananda Dham contain the topmost and rarest Manjari-prema Themselves, not just award it.
● Now you should understand why Nityananda has the mahabhava manjari-prema golden complexion of Ananga, not the white complexion of Balarama. And now it is you who should accept that this is exactly why Nityananda married both Jahnava and Vasudha, who are also Ananga manjari (GGD 66) not just Revati and Varuni (Balarama's consorts from the Dwaraka Lila). It is not just a convenient coincidence but an union of the highest manjari-rasa. Thus it proves beyond all doubt that the syllables and sound of Nityananda Nam contain and reveal Ananga‘s kunja and our Manjari-seva in Radha Kund which is the topmost of all rasas and svarupa in creation.
● Nowhere in the scriptures has even Lord Balarama Himself been directly linked to Ananga Manjari, what to speak of His Dwaraka consort Revati? Ananga is in Radha Krishna’s camp, not in the camp of Balarama’s Gopis headed by Purnananda Gopi. So how can the question of Revati expanding as Ananga Manjari even exist? It is not siddhantically accurate to say that Balarama expands as Ananga Manjari, because it is specifically Nityananda who is Ananga Manjari. Srila Bhakti Rakshaka Sridhara Maharaj confirms that Nityananda's ontological rasa and position is even higher than Balarama's because Gaura Lila uniquely elevated the rasas of so many Vraja, Dwaraka, Ayodhya, and Vaikuntha associates of the Lord. This is the deepest secret of them all.
● Besides, how can an associate of Dwaraka (Revati) expand as an associate in Vraja (Ananga) when Vraja is actually the origin of Dwaraka. We all know that Radha from Vraja becomes Satyabhama and Her sister Chandravali expands as Rukmini in Dwaraka Lila. So how can it happen the exact opposite in Revati’s case? Where is the shastra pramana for this statement?
● It can also be claimed that Ananga Manjari was a consort of Lord Balarama using the A=B, B=C, so A=C logic. But that would also be totally wrong as Balarama does not directly become intimate with Radha or any of Radha’s sakhis, what to speak of Her private manjaris and younger sister like Ananga Manjari.
● It is Nityananda and His two shaktis Jahnava and Vasudha who are Ananga Manjari. Srila Shridhar Maharaj said that in Gaura Lila, Nityananda attained an even higher and most special Rasa than Balarama, which is the form of Ananga Manjari.
Nityananda IS Ananga Manjari. (SVDT: Radhara Madhuri Ananga Manjari, Nityananda Nitu Se Seve)
● I have thus undisputably established that Manjari Prema, the topmost attainment of Gaudiya Vaishnavism and topmost achievement in the whole creation, aspired for by even Lord Gaura Krishna Himself, is not just awarded by Nityananda Nam and Nityananda Lila but also present in Them just like it is in Harinam! So our Nityananda Nam and Nityananda Lila for Harinam Siddhi offering is not some incomplete offering dependant on other practices, but the ultimate secret of all secrets!