Laksha Nam Condition.
● Lord Gauranga unequivocally stated to the Navadvipa residents that He does not accept bhoga from and does not even go to the house of those who don’t chant a minimum of 100,000 holy names daily. In stark contrast, Lord Nityananda not only freely goes to brothels, prostitute dens, crematoriums, gambling dens, etc.; but also tricked and forced the highly unwilling Lord Gauranga to accept fruits in the house of a pretender drunkard and womanizer sannyasi.
● Lord Gauranga banned His own ecstatic singer Chota Haridasa from ever meeting Him again and did not forgive him till he committed suicide in His separation. Just because of his talking to the highest and very old mataji devotee Madhavi dasi only and only for the service of asking her the best white rice in Bengal for cooking it for Lord Gauranga Himself and never for his own sense-gratification. And that too only on the direct instruction of the Dvadash Gopal Bhagwan Acharya himself. In stark contrast, Lord Nityananda met, embraced, and pacified Chota Haridas every single day for one whole year while trying to convince His brother to forgive Him almost daily against His strong wishes. Nityananda's convincing became so much that Gauranga said He will leave Puri if He does not stop. But He refused to meet Chota Haridas again.
● Lord Gauranga was so seriously angry at His most beloved associate Lord Advaita Acharya for taking the dust of His lotus feet that He tried to leave this world by saying that He had been robbed. In stark contrast, Lord Nityananda simply laughed and roared with happiness when any devotee, not just Advaita Acharya, took the dust or water of His lotus feet.
● Lord Gauranga infinitely respected all women because they are His part and parcels too. But still Lord Gauranga said that He will not give love to even His own mother and the mother of the whole creation Jaganmata Shachi devi just for saying out loud once that Advaita Acharya will take all her sons away from her. In stark contrast, Lord Nityananda tricked and forced Gauranga to come to Shantipur, totally against His wishes, to meet Shachi mata again and eat from Her hands after His sannyasa in Katwa. To pacify Shachi Mata from her pangs of separation, Lord Nityananda would always go to her house, meet her, talk sweet words with her, and accept prasadam from her; even when Lord Gauranga was in Puri.
● Lord Gauranga banned Mukunda das from ever seeing and meeting Him again and then reduced it to 10 million lifetimes on Shrivasa's request to forgive him, just for participating in some programs where some gyanis and karma-mishra devotees were present. In stark contrast, Lord Nityananda never rejects us for associating with the wrong people. He forgives us even before we commit mistakes and keeps on forgiving us even if we do these mistakes deliberately with pre-planning. This hypocrisy is totally rejected and never forgiven by Lord Gauranga.
● Lord Gauranga told Damodara Pandita to leave Puri and go back to Navadvipa after he tried to correct Him in regards to meeting a child of a widow. In stark contrast, Lord Nityananda mercifully embraced Damodara Pandita and sent him to directly serve Shachi mata in Navadvipa.
Kala Krishna dasa
● Lord Gauranga saved and then banned His own personal servant and sadhaka (not the nitya-siddha) Kala Krishna dasa for life because of getting allured by Adivasi women in the forest. In stark contrast, Lord Nityananda embraced this Kala Krishna dasa in Puri, gave him hope, and engaged him in the service of the devotees.
● Lord Gauranga considers it worse than drinking poison to even look at a sense-gratifier of any kind. So He forbade Nityananda to ever go near Jagai and Madhai. In stark contrast, for Lord Nityananda, going to the sense-gratifiers and giving them His love unconditionally and indiscriminately, is His very dharma. The more gross sense-gratifier one is, the more Nityananda is attracted to give His love to him or her, like we see in the pastime of Jagai and Madhai.
● Lord Gauranga was taken aback when His devotee the Navadvipa confectioner Parmasevara Modaka told him that even his wife (mukundara mata) has come with him to Puri. Yes, Gauranga was so strict, pure, and true to all the principles of a sannyasi. In stark contrast, Nityananda had no such qualms even when He was a brahmachari and visited the houses of devotees and talked to both the husband and wife equally and allowed both of Them to touch His lotus feet and worship Him.
Leaving Family and Associates
● Lord Gauranga left His mother, wife, and all His Navadvipa associates secretly in the dead of the night without telling them. He would have never met them again to follow His sannyasa vow in the most ideal manner. However, Lord Nityananda broke that vow of Lord Gauranga in a few days. He went with Lord Gauranga to Katwa because He knew how much suffering this was causing to all the Navadvipa associates and tricked Gauranga to come back and meet all of them in Shantipur. Lord Nityananda was only thinking of the pangs of separation of the associates all the time while Lord Gauranga was enacting these painful pastimes. When Nityananda left His parents in Ekachakra, He could not tolerate the pain of His mother. He never left without telling them. In fact He waited under the Vishrama Tala to meet His mother again. He also manifested and gave His own Deity of Murlidhara to His mother and promised that He will daily talk to her and accept all her love and affection in the form of that Deity in His absence.
● Lord Gauranga broke the hearts of all His Navadvipa associates and onlookers by accepting sannyasa in Katwa. But Nityananda broke His sannyasa danda to remind Lord Gauranga of how much pain He has caused to all His associates by such an extreme action of His. In stark contrast, Lord Nityananda went to Bengal to do the very opposite. He married to give happiness to all the associates and give them something to celebrate, in order to make them forget all the pain of Lord Gauranga's sannyasa.
No Rules for Nityananda
● Lord Gauranga would walk very far away from lusty people, even when He was a householder in Navadvipa. Whereas Lord Nityananda would embrace even the prostitutes if they uttered the holy names on His request, even when He was a brahmachari.
● All associates in Navadvipa and Puri where scared to death to even think, say, or do something which will displease Lord Gauranga even a very tiny bit. So Srila Gadadhara Pandita (Radha) was not willing to give Diksha to Vallabhacharya in Puri without Gauranga's permission as it might displease Lord Gauranga. In stark contrast, all associates would freely talk with, laugh, joke with, embrace, and take a lot of liberties with Lord Nityananda.
Raghunatha dasa Goswami
● Our highest Radha Gopinatha Prema Prayojana Acharya Srila Raghunatha dasa Goswami would never utter a single word before Lord Gauranga in Puri and always ask Srila Svarupa Damodara Goswami to convey his questions to the Lord. In stark contrast, Srila Raghunatha dasa Goswami would directly talk and converse with Lord Nityananda and His associates like we see in the Panihati festival pastimes.
I can go on and on but now I will write down the conclusion, which I know all of you are waiting for.
My Humble Conclusion Which I Don't Expect Anyone to Follow or Even Understand
● First of all, let me tell you this. I have NOT presented the above pastimes to minimize the merciful nature of our beloved Lord Gauranga by even a tiny little drop. That would certainly displease my Master Lord Nityananda Himself. Ultimately, the supremely merciful nature of Lord Nityananda also comes from Lord Gauranga Himself.
● Besides I have already explained how establishing THE SECRET UNKNOWN TRUTHS about His more merciful brother actually pleases Him more than His own direct praises. Lord Gauranga even had sankirtana, the very yuga-dharma He had come to establish, behind closed doors only and did not start sankirtana in public until Lord Nityananda arrived. He also said in Chaitanya Bhagavata that: “Whatever I do, I do ONLY through My Nityananda”.
● Different forms of the Lord manifest, magnify, and highlight different characteristics of the Lord. Lord Gauranga highlighted the ideal strict sannyasi whereas Lord Nityananda the ideal forgiver and indiscriminate distributor. So there is absolutely no contradiction or minimization here. Nor am I trying to create a fear psychosis here, but just presenting the truths from the scriptures. The truth is the truth whether you may like it or not.
● Since Their Lordships Radha and Krishna performed Their manifest pastimes on this earth 5000 years ago, we don't have very intimate and detailed descriptions of Their highest standards and strictness. But They were Themselves very strict in Their principles is proved by the much more recent and more elaborately described pastimes of Their combined form of Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu, who is fully non-different from Them.
● Srimati Radharani would not even look at any other male except Krishna. That means that She would not look at anyone who was still in bodily consciousness basically. Even Krishna Himself was not allowed in Her kunja at times. Lalita would not even open her eyes when Ananga and Rupa brought a new manjari Kamal manjari (Bhaktivinoda Thakura) before her for the very first time. So the standards are very very very high in Radha Krishna's pastimes. And this was clearly revealed in the strictness of Gauranga Mahaprabhu, who is Radha Krishna combined.
● That said, the above pastimes of strictness of Lord Gauranga do show us that we may also be utterly unqualified to directly understand the pastimes of even Lord Gauranga, just like our Acharyas have repeatedly stated about Radha Krishna Lila.
● If Srila Raghunatha dasa Goswami would not directly speak to Lord Gauranga, who am I to worship a Deity of Gauranga or Radha Krishna directly or to directly talk and pray to Him? This is my own humble mood, which I don’t expect everyone to follow or even understand for that matter.
● To be honest with all of you, I don't know about any of you and I will never judge anyone else's qualification, but I myself don’t stand even a tiny bit of chance to ever attain the mercy of Lord Gauranga by approaching Him directly on my own, considering the strictness of Lord Gauranga as described in the above pastimes, which are only a tip of the iceberg.
● So whatever you may feel about this or however you may want to judge me, you are free to do so. I forgive you in advance of any critical thought you may have about me due to this. I will always take the side of my beloved Master Nityananda Prabhu and pray to Him to transfer my service to Him to His Master Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu and to Shri Shri Radha Krishna.
● Hearing Gaura Radha Krishna Lila is the instruction of my Lord Nityananda. So I will always hear, read, sing, and talk about my Nityananda’s pastimes from which millions of streams of Gaura Radha Krishna's pastimes flow and manifest. I feel insecure, unsafe, utterly unqualified, and crossing my limits (maryada langhana) in discussing Gaura Radha Krishna's pastimes independently without the presence of the offenseless pastimes of Jahnava Nityananda in them. In this regard, I will always remember Srila Sridhara Maharaj's quote: “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread”. Lord Nityananda’s pastimes are also infinite, ever-increasing, and encapsulating all other pastimes, just like the pastimes of Gauranga Radha Krishna. So I will never feel incomplete or restrictive by this.
● Chanting the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra and singing Gauranga's Name is the order of my Lord Nityananda. So I will always chant the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra while remembering my always liberal and unstrict Jahnava Nityananda. Because Their always-offenseless and all-forgiving remembrance will bring me into the Radha Kund Lila of Ananga Radha Krishna in my madhurya spiritual form while chanting Harinam and into my audarya spiritual form in Ekachakra Navadvipa pastimes while singing Gauranga Nam.
PS. I wanted to write this article long time back from the depths of my heart and realizations, but the some events made me delay it and forget it and pushed me in the opposite direction of hiding my own spiritual feelings. Never mind. Here it is now, finally seeing the light of the day. You don't need to follow me on this, accept it, or even agree with me on this. And I fully respect that. It is just my own humble mood which I don't want to force on anyone.